Sunday 2 August 2009

Welcome to the tech know.....

Ok so the name of the blog I could have put a bit more effort in.....
But let me introduce myself I'm Aaron or Aza and I have so many industry colleagues that have a blogspot, I didn't want to be left behind and decided to get one for myself. I'll be blogging on what I'm doing as I do it. Over the last 18 months, I have gone from a network novice or newbie to someone with more advanced knowledge. My IT career started in high school building and repairing PC's still a hardware freak now. But have a few more creds to my name A+, N+, MCSA, MCTS, and am currently working on my MCSE, CCNA and JNCIA-EX. I have spent a few years dealing with desktops and servers and various windows related stuff. However I steped up to fill some shoes (big shoes I might add) about 18 months, Our network guy was leaving for bigger and better things...... you can check the dude out here http://cytraxtech.blogspot.com
Due to staff absence at management level, someone had to feel in until a job advert and interviews could be arrange. My name came out the hat and I stepped up to plate. Anyway three months later advert was put out and I applied under pressure from higher up the chain. Got to be honest didn't think I was up to the task. Got the post permanently and haven't looked back.
So I'm going to put a few posts up over the next couple of weeks on the stuff I have covered over 18 months, here is a taste.
WAN fixed, leased, VPN - you get my vibe
SSL VPN and Microsoft IAG - soon an update on UAG
Juniper Swithches and Junos - Why I think this is great also why we picked it over everything else.
Trapeze wireless implentation and Ringmaster - Not quite finished yet but looking forward to this.
Managed or unmanaged VOIP solutions - Be careful what I put in here could cause a lawsuit
IPV6 alongside IPV4 - you should get this about november I'm working on this one.
Microsoft active directory structure and Group Policy - I'm not going to blog on this til I have spent some time looking at the 2008 version a friend at microsoft tells me this has had some improvement.
Exchange 2010 - I'm running the beta of this but I also want to talk about public folders and whether sql is not a better option then edb? and why microsoft haven't made this move yet.

So lots to look forward to I'll try and get my first blog up by Friday the 7th.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Aaron!

    I look forward to your entries.

    PS: I'm the first to comment. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete